About Me

My photo
I'm a stay at home mom with two wonderful boys. They are the love of my life. I have a small at home business making baby food for children from 6month of age to 2 years of age. I enjoy the quality time I get to have with both my children

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Stuffed Peppers






I have taken a break from blogging for a while due to business being a hit and actually no real time to do blogging on the side. I now have a monthly news letter to keep everyone up to date. Thought it may be a bit more interesting to everyone. So that all my news is up to date and monthly. I will blog when I feel I have a moment or 2 to spare.

I'd like to share a very yummy stuffed pepper recipe that I made for tonight's dinner. It's a great way to use up garden fresh peppers especially when you don't know what to do with them

Here is the recipe and a few photos to follow!
I hope you enjoy and let me know your thoughts if you make it how did it turn out for you?

Stuffed Peppers

Ingredients:
•6 green bell peppers
•1 tablespoons butter
•1 tablespoon olive oil
•1/2 cup chopped onion
•1/2 cup chopped celery
•1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
•1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
•1 clove garlic, crushed
•1 teaspoon dried leaf oregano
•1/2 teaspoon dried leaf basil
•2 teaspoons salt, divided
•1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
•1 egg, lightly beaten
•1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
•1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef or chuck
•1 1/2 cups cooked long-grain rice
•shredded mild Cheddar cheese, about 1/2 to 3/4 cup, optional

Preparation:

Directions for stuffed peppers with ground beef and rice
Cut tops off peppers; remove seeds and membranes. Chop edible part of tops and set aside. Rinse peppers under cold water. Place peppers in a large pot; cover with salted water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 5 minutes. Drain peppers and set aside.
Heat olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat until hot. Sauté chopped green pepper (from tops), chopped onion, and chopped celery for about 5 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, crushed garlic, oregano, basil, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper. Simmer for about 10 minutes.

In a large mixing bowl, combine egg with remaining 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and Worcestershire sauce. Gently stir to blend; add ground beef, cooked rice, and 1 cup of the tomato mixture. Mix well. Stuff peppers with meat mixture and place in a 3-quart baking dish. Pour remaining tomato mixture over the stuffed peppers. Bake at 350° for 55 to 65 minutes. If desired, top stuffed peppers with a little shredded Cheddar cheese just before peppers are done; bake until cheese is melted.

Recipe for stuffed peppers serves 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment